My friend Crystal did this on her blog and I thought it was a good idea. My husband has been amazing over these past couple of months with all of the JLP stuff. I've been trying to think of ways to show him my appreciation and figured this was a good place to start.
10. He makes me laugh. I joke with him now that he has lost some of his humor in his old age, but really it's still there. He is pretty quick witted and usually always finds a way to bring a smile to my face even on my worst of days.
9. He is smart. While this quality can be somewhat frustrating when we are having discussions about our finances, I know that Cory is usually right because he's so smart. His brain works completely different than mine does, which seems to work well for us.
8. He is very handy. By that I mean Cory is really good a fixing things and actually does a very good job. The other day our the leg on our ottoman broke and Cory totally repaired it just like new. It could have cost us a pretty penny at a furniture repair shop but instead just a few minutes of Cory's time on a Friday night.
7. He is very patient with me. In most other aspects of his life he is the complete opposite of patient, but he never seems to mind my making us late someplace because I can't decide what to wear. I know it does eat at him on the inside, but he never shows it to me at the time, which I think is nice.
6. His love of sports. I love all the little known facts Cory can spout off about sports. I love watching anything from football, to basketball, to baseball, to golf with him.
5. His work ethic. Cory takes his job very seriously but also finds ways to leave it behind to spend time with us at the end of the day. I think he has been very successful in his career so far and know that he will continue to do so in the years to come.
4. How helpful he is. I know I mentioned that above but seriously, I don't know what I would have done over these past couple of months without Cory. He has really pitched in around the house and with the kids when I have had all these meetings that have lasted until 9:30 and 10:00 at night sometimes. And he hasn't complained about it once. To make matters worse, all of my meetings have been on Wednesdays which are the same days as his soccer games, which he has had to miss on a couple of occasions.
3. His leadership. Cory is a wonderful spiritual leader of our family. I am so thankful that my children have him as their role model for what a man should do and be. We (myself, Christopher and Lucy) are so blessed by this.
2. He is a wonderful father. I think most women think about what kind of dad their husband will be before they have children, and I did. I have to say that Cory has far exceeded my expectations in this. I knew he would be a good one, but what I don't think I was expecting is that how good he is at showing our kids that he loves them. He genuinely loves spending time with Christopher and Lucy. And believe me, the feeling is very mutual!
1. Because he loves me. Like I mentioned before, I know I have my days, and am sure that I'm not always that likable at times. But at the end of the day, I know Cory loves me. We're working a little bit on speaking each others' love language a little better at times and even at that he's stepping it up right now, which really means alot to me.
Bottom line, I am so blessed to have Cory as my partner in life. He is without a doubt my best friend, and I love him with all of my heart.
Now, if you are reading this, I encourage you to blog about your "10 Reasons Why You Love..." Get creative and fill in the blank!