A little known fact about me that some of you may not know is that I LOVE football season!! I come from a family of football lovers so I guess it is just sort of in my blood. Cory tells me this time every year that he feels pretty lucky to be married to someone that can't wait to wake up on Saturday mornings and watch College Game Day on ESPN. Where as many spouses see this time of year as a hinderance to their marriage, we find it an asset to ours. Until now...
Sunday, 31 August 2008
Posted by The Locke Family at 19:23
Sunday, 24 August 2008
This past Friday the kids and I made a quick trip to Abilene to celebrate my mom's retirement. She has worked in the world of education for 25 years and has always been very dedicated to her students and her job. She set such a good example for my brother and me with a very strong work ethic. I'm so proud of her for all of her hard work, but am SO excited for her to begin this next chapter in her life. I can't think of anyone more deserving of living a life of leisure, so to speak, and getting to focus on doing things for herself for a change. Not to mention, how excited I am about the time she will be able to have to be a grandmother now!!
Posted by The Locke Family at 21:13
Our good friends, Meghan, Jeff, and big brother Drew welcomed a new baby boy to their family on Thursday, August 21st! We are so excited for them and Ty is absolutely precious, almost a spitting image of his big brother!! Meghan is already up and about and was baking cupcakes when we went over to see them tonight, did someone say "Super Mom"?
Posted by The Locke Family at 12:45
Thursday, 21 August 2008
And blessed be Your name on the road marked with suffering.
Posted by The Locke Family at 14:21
Sunday, 17 August 2008
Sweet little Noah joined our God in heaven yesterday afternoon.
Posted by The Locke Family at 18:47
Thursday, 14 August 2008
Many of you know of our friends the Lauers and the story of their son Noah (his picture is over on the right hand side of this blog). Please join me in lifting them up in prayer. Noah has spent the last three weeks in the hospital and Josh and Deb covet prayers for strength, wisdom, and peace as they are continually having to make decisions about Noah's care.
Posted by The Locke Family at 07:59
Wednesday, 6 August 2008
All last week Christopher took his first set of swimming lessons. He did GREAT! His teacher was recommended to us by several people in our neighborhood and I was so pleased with her. She was so positive and encouraging to the kids. There was one other three year old boy in his class so I felt like he had lots of her attention and was also able to learn a little bit from Jason. Most of the week he had a little bit of trouble kicking when his head was under water, thus causing him to basically sink lots of the time. However, the light bulb seemed to turn on on Friday and we have had great results ever since. Here is a video clip from the last day!
Posted by The Locke Family at 19:40
Today I did something crafty!!! My friend Crystal is so talented. She is one of those people that when ever she sees something cute in a store, she says, "I can make that" and she actually can!! Her kids' rooms are out of this world adorable and her playroom looks like something out of a magazine. I digress. Anyway, her recent endeavor is tie-dying and today she was so sweet to show me how. We tie-dyes onesies and they turned out pretty cute. Hers are much cuter than mine of course, but I'm posting pictures of them anyway. Needless to say the one with the heart is my favorite!!
Posted by The Locke Family at 13:00
Sunday, 3 August 2008
- Your beautiful smile! You brighten my day with this every single morning. Your daddy even commented today about what a morning person you are, always so happy.
- Your coos and squeals of delight. You love to play on your activity mat and squeal and grin at the animals on there.
- You always have something to say! We think you are going to be quite the chatterbox when you get older. You love to babble and coo at just about anything and anyone.
- Your hair. I know that may seem silly but your hair makes me laugh all the time. I just can't control it, but I love it all the same.
- Your little feet. Sometime your daddy and I wonder if you will be able to stand up on those feet someday. They are so narrow and dainty. Just precious.
- Your patience. You got to enter this world with a very proud older brother just waiting to love on you and he hasn't stopped a day since then. Thank you for letting him smother you with his hugs and kisses. I promise when he is 12 or 13 and wants to sleep in, I'll let you go into his room and poke on his face so that he wakes up!
Posted by The Locke Family at 12:30
Friday, 1 August 2008
My cousin Beth adores Christopher. I'm sure I have mentioned before how sweet she is to him and I LOVE the relationship that they are building. He has told me on more than one occasion that Beth is his best friend. It makes me so happy! This year for his birthday, she wanted to take him to the circus. Check her blog to read about their adventure...so cute!!
Posted by The Locke Family at 16:07