- You go shopping with your one month old baby (sans other child) and it is so easy it almost feels like a vacation!
- You look down at your deflated belly and think back to when you were a little girl staring at your mother's stretched out tummy, and she tells you yours will look that way someday too. You thought then that wasn't possible, but now you have discovered that she was right...again.
- While shopping for something to wear to a dinner you have a fleeting thought to actually look in Talbots. And to my cousins that read this, it was only a thought and it was very fleeting.
But you also know...
- To cherish and enjoy every tiny "coo" and movement they make, even at 3 a.m., because you know it really does go by so fast.
- That no matter the age of your older child, all of a sudden they seem so grown up to you. You remind yourself over and over that they are still young, only to lie awake at night and tearfully think about all the times during the day you expected too much out of them.
- That there really is room in your heart to love another one just the same.
I love being a mom. I truly believe it was what I was put on this Earth to do. It is not always easy and there are many times I think I don't do a good job (but that is normal right?), but still, I love it.
Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms that read this!